I find it very difficult to give feedback for the test-pilot, for multiple reasons:
- I expected a menu with an entry for “feedback” when I click on the test-pilot icon. Then, I would have expected a small textbox for my feedback with a “send” button. But instead, clicking on the test-pilot icon opens a new site where I can download more addons, but nothing about feedback. That is strange, as I thought test-pilot is about collecting feedback.
- I have to create an account for this site. Why? I just want to give feedback. Why do I have to create yet another account on yet another website I might never visit again, just to write down some lines of feedback.
- I have to use a public forum. Why? I just want to give some feedback, not start long discussions. A forum requires much more work on my site: I have to find the right place for the feedback (as the forum is structured by topics). I should check, whether someone else already wrote something similar and then start there: What is already written, what is missing, what do I support, what not, etc.
- After the login to this forum, I was forced to check my messages. I just want to give some lines of feedback, not learn how to use another software. I just want to write down some lines and send them to you. Instead, I have to learn how to use this forum software, starting with my “messages”, which I will never use, as I don’t expect any messages. I you have questions about my feedback, write an e-mail. You forced me to give you my e-mail-address anyway for logging in here.
- After the forced message-reading, there was no link back to the forum where I wanted to post the feedback. I had to search it again.
- But your search didn’t find anything. From what I figured out, it just searched through my empty message inbox in this forum, not the forum itself.
And all of that, just because I wanted to give you some lines of feedback, which could have been done by a simple text-box and a “send” button. : - (