[Global Gatherings] FAQ for the Second Round process for Leadership Summit

Hello all,

Since some of you already asked about, we are placing a couple of questions here. If you need to ask anything else, or have more inquiries, feel free to include it here, so everyone can benefit of this.

1) Who are entitled to participate in this second round?
We can say that there are 3 types of options now:
a) Applied to the Leadership Summit but were rejected in first round
b) Applied for the Global Gatherings (Mozfest and/or Orlando), but didn’t applied specifically for Leadership Summit.
c) Mozillians nominated by their Mentors (Reps), or by specific Staff.

2) I haven’t applied, since I’m a very new mozillian, how can I participate?
This won’t be the last event of this type, this is part of a large strategy, where we will train our community to improve their skills and their ability to grow the impact and size of the community.

3) How will be the selection process?
It will be very similar to the first round. The only exception is that you won’t need a recommendation letter. Nomination will be used as recommendation for those who didn’t applied in the first round.

4) If I get a nomination, that will means that I have more chances to get selected?
No, if you receive a nomination, that will be like a recommendation letter. That doesn’t mean that you will be automatically selected. Also, you only need one nomination.

5) How much time do we have to register?
Until Wednesday 25th at 11:59 PM PST time (UTC-8)

6) Where I can find more information about what’s expected in the Leadership Summit?
You can go and check the wiki: Information. Where you can find more details.

7) When will end this second round?
We hope to finalize and contact the mozillians selected by next week (around November 30th)

8) What kind of information is required in the form?
Everything you think is relevant to explain what you’ve been doing over the last months, and your plan for the upcoming months.

9) What we meant with "In what areas do you want to learn and grow professionally?"
Think on the things that you would want to improve, or learn how to improve your skills. Remember that you will commit to develop and apply a plan for the next 6 to 12 months.

If there’s any other inquiry, feel free to reply to this topic.

Regards,

3 Likes

How staff will nominate mozillians ? thanks :blush:

We’ve sent an email to teams, with the information about how to nominate. Based on the criteria explained on the Wiki, they may or may not have people to nominate. There’s no quotas or anything, so it may happen that some teams decided to nominate 1 or 2 people, and other teams 0.

Regards,

1 Like

If we have an application on file from the first round do we re-do the application for the second round?

Sorry Greg,

I lost this one to reply you properly. If you applied for first round, and got accepted, you don’t have to do anything. If you have been rejected, yes, you have to re-apply indicating that you want to participate.

Cheers,