Go To Parent

Hello,

I would like “Go Parent Folder” extension back.

If “Parent Folder” is supposed to do the same thing, would someone explain how to use it ? The description, install page is very hard to figure out. I cannot seem to make it work.

Wayne

Hi @waynerr! You might want to reach out to the developer of Parent Folder (legacy) and ask if they are planning on updating this extension to be compatible with Firefox 57+.

Unfortunately, I’m not familiar enough with the legacy version to be able to chime in about the other Parent Folder extension’s suitability as a replacement. Would you be interested in trying Parent Path to see if it’s any easier and meets your needs?

Hey Caitlin,

Thanks.

The Add-On I would like is not Parent Folder. I believe it was Go Parent. What I used it for was, I have many bookmarks. I loose track of where they are. I want to find the location of where they are. At the top of the bookmarks side bar, there is a search box. I type in a word, maybe two. There are lots of results. I could right click on one that looks like the one I am looking for. A context menu with an entry saying Go To Parent. I clicked that and it would send me to the bookmarks folder where the bookmark is located. I could see the bookmark I was looking for, also to the folder where it is located.

I hope I was somewhat clear. I would love to contact the person who developed the Add-On. I cannot find any trace of the bookmark on your site any longer. I have had to reinstall my bookmarks several times since the original install, meaning, I know the Add-On was there. I was not imagining it. I do not think Parent Path is about bookmarks.

I do Thank You for getting back to me. I am hoping the name Go Parent will help you be a little more clear what I am looking for.

Thanks again,

Wayne