We’ve figured out our flow for letting people request improvements to Discourse, and also to make the improvements we want help with more discoverable.
Here’s the process for finding improvements to help us implement:
- Feature/improvement ideas will be shared in Using Discourse/Feature Requests
- I am in the process of moving existing feature request topics to this category
- For improvements we agree are a good idea, we will edit the title to start with [Wanted]
- We will also create a related JIRA issue and link it, this is where we track progress and any technical details, but don’t be intimidated, you don’t have to use JIRA to do the work
- If you find an improvement you want to work on, you can just reply to the topic to let us know, or you can ping us in #communityit, one of us will get you set up.
And that’s it!
Once an improvement is in progress, we’ll change the title, and again when something has been included. Any suggestions to improve the process are always welcome.