I have heard from a Firefox developer would really appreciate some help trying to fix an issue in Firefox that is stopping people scrolling in Firefox on Windows 10.
If you have:
- Windows 10
- The latest copy of Firefox Nightly
- A mouse with a scroll wheel
…your help would be really appreciated.
You need to follow these steps to try to reproduce the issue:
- Open “about:config” and consent to the risk-taking notice
- Type “security.sandbox.gpu.level” in the search bar
- There should be one result. Click the pencil icon, change the “0” to a “1”, and click the checkmark
- Close all Firefox (or Nightly) windows to cause a full browser restart
- Reopen Firefox
- Try to scroll webpages with the mouse wheel, and note whether or not scrolling is functioning at all
- Repeat steps #1 to #5, but change the “1” back to a “0”
If scrolling doesn’t work, please go to “about:support” in the browser, click “Copy raw data to clipboard”, and paste the contents in a direct message to cmartin in Riot.
Thank you for your help in making Firefox even more awesome.