How to use local copies of zwave-adapter add-on for debug/patch

I’ve cloned the gateway repo and run npm start but it always wants to install the remote add-on adapters for ZWave and ZigBee. I need to modify the classifier to enable more devices for discovery and testing.

The latest version of the gateway detects the presence of a .git directory and disables the auto-update.

If you leave the version number in the package.json file the same, then it shouldn’t auto-update. But be aware that changing the version number will wipe out the entire directory (I lost some changes that way).

Another way is to fork the addon-list repository and remove the zwave-adapter from the list.json. Check it into a branch in your repository and then creat a gateway/config/local.js file which has the following contents:

module.exports = {
  addonManager: {
    listUrl: 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/YOUR-GITHUB-USERNAME/addon-list/YOUR-BRANCH-NAME/list.json',
  },
};

The gateway will still load all of the adapters shown in the addons folder, even if they aren’t listed in the list.json file, but it will only auto-update the ones found in the list.json file.

When you’re done, you can either remove the local.js file or remove/comment-out the override.