Further to feedback over the last year, I propose that we consider initiating a regular Europe region community call.
- quarterly calls
- staggered outside of large regional/local commitments
- All Hands
- Global Sprint
- team independance
We often feel isolated and with limited resources. By connecting together and outside of team specific roles, we could improve recognition and effectiveness through our already limited time & resources, and bridge across current silos/borders. Potential testing ground and encouragement for other regions to do similar.
- online video call
- open collaborative notes
- pre and post important points of note
- asynchronous method for folks to comment and bring points of discussion to (Discourse an obvious match for this but perhaps static blog via Gitlab/Github?)
- Discourse: new Europe Region COMMUNITIES ‘category’?
- Discourse: new Europe Region ‘tag’? done
- Blog - setup?
- duration of 30 mins (ideal) - 60 mins (maximum)
- maximum 5 mins on each topic
- this could be altered with advance notice
- notable impact on whole call duration should this be altered
- designed with a past / present / future scope
- hosted by a different country each time?
ETA - First call January 2019.
Poll open until December 31 @ 23:59 UTC. You need to login to vote, but your vote will remain private.
Extend your thoughts in the comments below.
- Fully agree
- Agree with some reservations