[IMPORTANT] ⚠️ Council Elections ⚠️ H2 2022 - please read ⚠️

TL;DR

As usual, we don’t do shortcuts for these types of announcements. If you consider yourself an active Mozilla Rep, please read the full text, reflect on its contents, and do take action.
We know that this is not the easiest time around for Mozillians.

Intro to Elections

The Mozilla Reps program has been a volunteer-driven program from the beginning. This spirit continues today too as the core governing body of the program, the Council, is designed to be an elected body with new members chosen by all Reps every six months.

More background about the history of the Council and its structure can be found here .

Available positions:

The time has come for a new round of elections and this time 4 positions need to be filled for the next 12 months’ term. So without further ado, we congratulate our amazing council members that end their term:

:mortar_board: @lidyachristina
:mortar_board: @pransh15
:mortar_board: @yulireyji
:mortar_board: @ruwan_ranganath_senarathne

We thank them for all their leadership, commitment, and their hard work, and we hope they will support the next members to be effective leaders of the Reps community. :clap::clap::clap:

Nominations are open :open_book:!

Simply put, eligible reps are:

• All Reps Mentors
  • All Reps that have participated in events organized by the Participation team (Community Gatherings, Leadership Summit, Mozfest (as part of the speakers there or with Open Innovation) or All Hand Attendees with the Participation/Open Innovation team)
  • All Reps that are (or have been) part of the Resource Teams (Resources, Review, Newsletter, and Onboarding" team)

Having some experience organizing these elections we promote our clear skillsets and commitment needed for a Council member. Also, by analyzing the activity from previous years we were able to identify clearer responsibilities and accountability criteria. All of these are documented in Tasks and Responsibilities of Council Members and in Election/Designation of Council Members . Full versions of this can be found in “What’s the Council skillset and the “commitment” needed? ” Discourse post.

Next steps and timeline :spiral_calendar:

HOW TO APPLY: Add a comment yourself to this post (yes, this page, below) and when the call for nomination closes stay close to the announcements (be available online to receive emails).
Additionally, we ask you to update your profile to make sure everything is up to date once voters will look at your profile.

All times are at 9:00 PM UTC.
(call for extended, dates were updated)

Nomination & Campaigning :memo:

• 08.10.2022 - Call for Nominees starts (1 week)
  • 15.10.2022 - Call for Nominees closes
  • 16.10.2022 - Q&A starts on Discourse
  • 20.10.2022 - Deadline for answers in Discourse Q&A

Voting :ballot_box:

• 21.10.2022 - Voting starts
  • 28.10.2022 - Voting closes

This is a challenging time (we do acknowledge and understand that it is not the most straightforward situation to be in, on many sides) for the world, for Mozilla, and the Reps program, and our role as Reps to help Mozilla build a better web has never been as critical.
We do encourage you to step up, share and envision projects, and drive them to become reality!

Thank you all for being part of this!

On behalf of Mozilla Reps Peers and Council,
Ioana ‍

PS: Don’t hesitate to contact me or the Peers body with any concerns, advice, or questions you might have! For any urgent and actionable feedback please send it in the next 6 days so be able to analyze it and if needed incorporate it into the next steps.
GitHub tracking issue

5 Likes

Yes, I nominate myself for council members.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting this, Ioana. :slight_smile:

I would like to nominate myself for a Council position for the term H2 2022.

1 Like

Hi, I nominated myself for Council position

1 Like

Thanks for sharing, Ioana.

I’d like to nominate myself this time. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to back in action.

1 Like

Hey all - as we did not close officially with a post here and some applied after the initial term - we will keep it one more day open to be fair to everyone still considering.

I will close it on Oct 19, 9:00 PM UTC.
I will update the timelines accordingly.

2 Likes

@Ioana I would like to nominate myself as Council. Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

We close this last evening / CET Time - we have 5 proposals. Next steps are sent now to all those nominating themselves and will post here too the Q&A

Next steps: [IMPORTANT] ⚠️ Council Elections - H2-2022 - ⚠️ Nominees' Q&A ⚠️

Hi all - a quick update on the thread here too:
Unfortunately, we did not get any response from MozMicky either here nor in private. We stopped the process to check if everything is ok. But as we are unable to reach them (which would not change the situation, but we did want to make sure they are ok) we will continue with a different situation: 4 candidates per 4 seats. As this does not require voting we are waiting for a confirmation ( legal, corp etc) that is ok to skip the voting.

Once we have the clearance I will post it here. Also if there are any other updates, I will share them here.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

1 Like