[IMPORTANT] ⚠️ Council Elections - H2-2022 - ⚠️ Nominees' Q&A ⚠️

Hey all,

This is the second step into the Election Process . In this thread, the nominees should post their answers to the following questions . Nominees can additionally attach a very short video of themselves if they want to do so (please keep it under 2 minutes). Candidates have time until October 23rd, 9:00 PM UTC . Note that answering the questions is mandatory .

• How can Reps motivate contributors to get them involved in Mozilla, both in campaigns and also long term?
  • Identify something that is currently not working well in the Mozilla Reps program and that you think could be easy to fix. How would you approach a possible fix?
  • What are the specific qualities and skills that you have that you think will help you be an effective Council member?
  • Which of your contributions in 2021 had the biggest impact on the Reps program on a programmatic level?
  • Which past achievement as a Rep would you tell your best non-Mozilla friend about?

The list of nominees is:

Thanks in advance, looking forward to your answers!

PS: to all others, please engage and add more questions!

2 Likes

I have answered in-line;

Thank you.
– Mehul P.

1 Like

Hola! My name is Yuli from Mexico. People know me as @tuxxy. I’m frontend engineering, I have been an active member of the current council and I would like to continue being able to help a little to reactivate the community. I’ve participated in some firefox campaigns, MDN spanish team with my local community. I am part of Women Who Wode Mexico City, where we create activities so that more women get involved in STEM.

You can see my profile in Communities Portal yulireyji

Blockquote How can Reps motivate contributors to get them involved in Mozilla, both in campaigns and also long term?

Onboarding sessions to new volunteers so they can know the mission / manifesto of the community and they can feel identified to start collaborating.

In Reps we had a “Mozilla Rep of the month” program. An incentive within the activities could be a form where they can send appreciations to the most active community participants, and it can be shared on social networks.

Blockquote Identify something that is currently not working well in the Mozilla Reps program and that you think could be easy to fix. How would you approach a possible fix?

The Reps program, there are too many inactive people, we must start looking for people who are active within the projects and campaigns and invite them to apply to the program.

Give visibility to the events that go up to the community portal, it is not enough to register it within the portal, we could also make it known within the networks with the social champions team.

Blockquote What are the specific qualities and skills that you have that you think will help you be an effective Council member?

• Process for resolving conflicts
  • Mentor: I have good ability to listen to people, guide them and help them find solutions to their problems, if I do not have the experience to solve it, I know I can guide them with the right person, because I know that the main thing is collaboration and teamwork.
  • Mobilizer: I like to interact with people, organize activities with the community where I know we can reach more and I love creating alliances with other communities with wich we can work to achieve objectives together on technical or social issues where Mozilla strategically tries to work.

Blockquote Which of your contributions in 2021 had the biggest impact on the Reps program on a programmatic level?

I helped look for people within the communities to reactivate the social champions program, I participate in events in LATAM to open the MDN project in Spanish. I have been an active member of the current council and I would like to continue being able to help a little to reactivate the community

Blockquote Which past achievement as a Rep would you tell your best non-Mozilla friend about?

I have helped the current team of the MDN project in Spanish, to participate in events, work on planning and invite new members to participate in the project.

2 Likes

***Hello Everyone, ***

***My name is Robby Sayles rtsayles; I am a Mozilla Rep Mentor based in the United States of Miami, Florida. I have been a Mozilla Rep since 2012. Many of you probably know me as “Mozfest Robby.” I have been one of the Volunteer Coordinators for over a decade, virtually and in person. You can check out a few articles here: ***

https://foundation.mozilla.org/sw/blog/meet-robby-mozfest-volunteer/ and https://book.mozillafestival.org/10-years-of-activism-community-and-collaboration/volunteers-the-ethos-of-the-festival.

***Not only a Volunteer Coordinator, but I also sit on the Onboarding Committee, where we screen applicants for Mozilla Reps Program. As you can see, I have been busy with Mozilla over the years, and what an excellent time to step on bringing some new expertise to the council. Please see my answers to the questions below, and let me know if you have any questions. ***

Regards,
Robby

2 Likes

Hi everyone :wave:

I’m Pranshu Khanna (@pransh15), residing in Berlin, Germany. I’m a Mozilla Rep, and a Resource Rep and I have been a Mozillian for over 6 years now! I’m grateful of the opportunity to try and get elected again, and serve the community for another term. :slight_smile:

Also, I like to apologize for the delayed response on the questions, I was sick over the weekend and hope to get better in a day or two. Thank you for understanding! :pray:

We have seen Reps motivating contributors to be involved in Mozilla through various campaigns and a number of other ways. I see Mozilla’s roots in activism and the Mozilla Manifesto as a huge strength, and Reps who believe in the mission can evangelize. I see Reps as natural Leaders around a lot that Mozilla does with Common Voice, MDN, etc. and the Council can support them in multiple ways.

Focus on inactive Reps and start engaging with them, try and get them involved by removing friction.

I understand communities through and through, and it is my profession. I come in with a lot of experience and leadership to ensure success for Reps. I have mentored various devs, passing on the knowledge from mentors like @shahbaz17 who have been a part of the council and helped me learn so much.

Currently working on a structure is set up to help Reps reach out and build new communities, and an elaborate project that affects a few communities.

Hundred percent, the interview I did with Mozilla for 10-years of Reps alongside community legends. :heart_decoration:

Hope you find all the answers satisfactory, and let me know if you have any questions or feedback. I’d be happy to answer and listen! :smile:

Cheers! :beers:

1 Like

Hi all - a quick update here.
Unfortunately, we did not get any response from MozMicky either here nor in private. We stopped the process to check if everything is ok. But as we are unable to reach them (which would not change the situation, but we did want to make sure they are ok) we will continue with a different situation: 4 candidates per 4 seats. As this does not require voting we are waiting from a confirmation ( legal, corp etc) that is ok to skip the voting.

Once we have the clearance I will post it here. Also if there are any other updates, i will share them here.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

2 Likes