If you’ve found a bug, or have a feature request, then please create an issue with the following information:
- Have I written custom code (as opposed to running examples on an unmodified clone of the repository): no custom code
- OS Platform and Distribution (e.g., Linux Ubuntu 16.04): Windows 10 v1903
- TensorFlow installed from (our builds, or upstream TensorFlow): from pip
- TensorFlow version (use command below): 2.2.0
- Python version: 3.7.8
- CUDA/cuDNN version: not using GPU
- GPU model and memory: not using GPU
- Exact command to reproduce:
python3 -m venv . .\Scripts\activate pip install deepspeech pip install tensorflow # doesn't change anything whether it's installed or not deepspeech Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.7_3.7.2288.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main "__main__", mod_spec) File "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\PythonSoftwareFoundation.Python.3.7_3.7.2288.0_x64__qbz5n2kfra8p0\lib\runpy.py", line 85, in _run_code exec(code, run_globals) File "D:\nufflee-tts\deepspeech_try2\Scripts\deepspeech.exe\__main__.py", line 4, in <module> File "d:\nufflee-tts\deepspeech_try2\lib\site-packages\deepspeech\__init__.py", line 23, in <module> from deepspeech.impl import Version as version File "d:\nufflee-tts\deepspeech_try2\lib\site-packages\deepspeech\impl.py", line 13, in <module> from . import _impl ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
I followed the most basic deepspeech installation steps but I keep getting this error. I also installed MSVC++ redistributables but that doesn’t help either. Any help would be appreciated.
One odd thing I noticed is that it uses python from my program files, not one from my current virtual environment. Then I tried to do
python -m deepspeech using python from the venv but that fails with the same error and path too.