India Community Office Hours #7

Hello,

I hope everyone had a great long weekend!

I am sharing some quick updates from the office hour that I held on Thursday. As Sukhmani has discussed in her blog post we are both incorporating the feedback that has been shared by the community through a change in the time and platform to host our office hours.

Key Updates:

• 4 Participants attended my office hour and most of the discussion revolved around the Privacy month and budgets. I am sharing some information to give the community clarity:

Privacy Month is a no budget initiative. If an event is being organized for teaching privacy and needs budget it needs to go though the normal budget procedure through rep events.

For aadhaar events an organizer can request budget through reps.
(Reps budget requests are subjected to normal procedure - not fast track - review and approval by review team/mentor)

There has been some traction around allocating budgets for events around aadhaar to make the process faster, but its still under consideration.

• Sukhmani and I have joined the Mozilla India Mailing List, so you should all be receiving our emails in a timely manner from today onwards. We look forward to hosting our office hours this Thursday.

Thanks!