Introduction: New Community Manager

TLDR: Hey I am Hillary, the new Community Manager for Common Voice at Mozilla Foundation. I would love to hear your thoughts on your experience within the community :slight_smile:

Hey Everyone,

My name is Hillary (@heyhillary for discourse), the new Common Voice Community Manager at Mozilla Foundation. I am excited to collaborate and support the community!

A little bit about myself:

• I enjoy roller skating on my quad skates
  • I am a community builder: previously Data Science Community Manager for the UK Government Data Science Community
  • I passionately care about technology being accessible and equitable to all

I would love to hear more about your experience within the community :slight_smile:

Feel free to share your thoughts in the thread, I’m happy to have a zoom call or chat on Matrix(@heyhillary:mozilla.org). Feel free to message me directly or post in the thread! :sparkles:

10 Likes

Dear Hillary,

Welcome to Common Voice! :slight_smile: Looking forward to working with you! I’m @spectie on Matrix if you’d like to chat! I started a list of various places where the various language communities hang out in case you want to get in touch.

Fran

2 Likes

Welcome :tada: Looking forward to our chat!

2 Likes

Thank you Fran and for creating the list. :sparkles:

Welcome, great to have a community manager again:)

Also Thanks Francis, this is a very useful idea. I send a pull request to expand the list.

3 Likes