ISSUE: it logs me out daily

Hi all,
I used to be able to stay logged all time. since 2 weeks ago ( after I made a log out on purpose ) I need to log in daily into the forum. Is there something I can do?

also the log in screen is a pain. I need to repeat the log in at least 2-3 times and the first UI screen - horrible!

I’ve been having the same issue, but since nobody else had it, I put it down to some quirk with my profile, or something. I fixed it for a bit, but I can’t remember how (and it didn’t last too long). My issue isn’t with it logging me out every day, but every time I restart Nightly.

If I work out what I did (I’ll have another crack at a few ideas I have), I’ll reply with what I did.

Yeah, I’m working on that. The multitude of popups is supposed to prevent the login failing, but it doesn’t seem to be doing that properly… I think it might be an issue with a few bugs in the version of Discourse we’re running, which we’re updating later today, so hopefully we’ll solve that issue. A few months from now, we should be switching to a different log in system, which should remove the horrible UX.

I also have the issue of being logged out each time I restart (developer
edition). I didn’t say anything yet as I figured you guys would be on it.
:-p

We’ve updated Discourse, so if the issue persists let us know and we’ll make a thread on meta.

I just restarted my browser and had to log back in. I’ll see if killing the cookie fixes it.

ok, it worked fine in IE, and in a new Firefox profile. Killed my cookies here (there were 3, I didn’t try to narrow it down) and so far it works fine again.