Full changes since our last release.
We’ve soft launched the new version of search, which is the first tangible step to removing our dependency on an incredibly old version of ElasticSearch, and improving our search functionality.
In this release we have:
- Enabled new search in instant search, when a specific local storage flag is set
- Switched the “Top Contributors - Support Forum” page to use new search, which will result in much fresher data, rather than being calculated once daily
- Switched Community Search to use new search
The improvements in this new version of search are many, and we’ll make a more detailed post about them once the changes to instant search are no longer behind a local storage flag.
Thank you to Gaurav Ghati for fixing the broken “complete overview” link on the All Products KB dashboard in this release. Along with this fix, Gaurav has fixed a couple of bugs in previous releases, which didn’t get a mention:
- Filtering Article Discussion posts by Author, Replies or Last Post does not work
- Users ended up on the homepage after clicking “Sign me up” on any of the Get Involved pages
If you’d also like to contribute to the project, check out our documentation.