Lates upgrade on 5/12/2017 wiped out everything

I use Firefox for everything. Even use the password protected password saver feature. All my bookmarks in the toolbar that were customized only for FF are gone. Everything is just gone. What is the reason for this and why would you release an update that wiped out everything?

The version upgrade went to 53.0.2. Wish I never updated.

If you are using Firefox Sync you can restore them.

Type Ctrl+Shift+O > Import and backup > Restore and then pick a date to restore from. If you don’t see any bookmarks or restoration points there then you might be on a different profile and try to look in about:profile if there are multiple profiles and try to run one of them.

I don’t know why you lost your bookmarks. I use Nightly (v55) which is basically the code they built yesterday and I never had such a serious bug in the past years since I started using it.

What addons do you have installed? Check about:addons.

Does it do a backup before it upgrades? Because the only restore I had was the day I updated and it had nothing in it. I only have the FF add-on for blocking pop ups turned on “Block Ads”. No other add-ons.

Are you using Firefox Sync? If you previously sync’d, then your passwords are saved ‘in the cloud’. They can be restored by signing into sync again… open this tab in Firefox:

Open this tab in Firefox:
about:preferences?entrypoint=menupanel#sync

I got my passwords back. Thank you.

Lisa