Login - NetworkError When Attempting to Fetch Resource

The Rpi has been working well as a gateway up to this point. This morning when I attempt to login (W10) I get the error in the subject line. From my android phone I get “gateway unreachable”. I can ssh into the Rpi.

The Rpi shows as an active device on my local network (ethernet, not WiFi). The rules are executing because I can hear a pump turn on when certain motion sensors are activated. I could reload the most recent backup image but would need to do some rebuilding of rules and things if I do so I’d like to avoid that option if possible.

Some background just in case… this may not be related.

I spent yesterday testing some GPIO functionality for my next project phase. The Rpi was turned on/off many times and also disconnected from the router via ethernet many times. Is this related? Did the network address get changed (I wouldn’t expect that)?

I’m stumped at this point. Any ideas/suggestions would be appreciated.

The most likely culprit here is that your RPi no longer has internet connectivity. Can you SSH in and try to ping google.com or something similar?

If so, you can try to just restart the gateway process and see if that resolves the issue.

sudo systemctl restart mozilla-iot-gateway

If that still doesn’t help, could you post your log (from ~/.mozilla-iot/log) somewhere or send it to me at mstegeman@mozilla.com?

I do have ssh and a google ping works fine so there is internet connectivity.

I restarted the gateway process and got no change of symptoms.

The problem first showed up yesterday. I’ll send the log for yesterday and today via email.

Thanks.

If you run ps -ef | grep pagekite, are there any pagekite.py processes running?

If you want to debug further, you could do this:

• Edit ~/mozilla-iot/gateway/src/ssltunnel.js and set the DEBUG flag towards the top to true.
  • Run the following:
    cd ~/mozilla-iot/gateway
    npm i
    ./node_modules/.bin/webpack
    sudo systemctl restart mozilla-iot-gateway

• Look for pagekite in your latest log file.

I raised the white flag. Walked thru this process and my machine timed out during the “npm i” command. With that I installed the old version and will do my rebuilding after the add-ons update.

If it would be helpful for your team to get to the bottom of this I can quickly install the flash card and continue on given some additional help regarding how to get past the “npm i” timeout.

Thanks for your effort.