More color choices case sensitivity

In the Javascript Building Blocks Conditionals module (https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/JavaScript/Building_blocks/conditionals) there is the Active Learning: More Color Choices assignment. I noticed that there is a small problem with case sensitivity.

The choices for the variable “choice” are not given anywhere except the live output itself (through “select”). All of the choices there are with a first capital letter (“White”, “Black”…). When I wrote the code I checked that yes, it would need a capital letter when checking what “choice” is. Wrote the whole code, didn’t work. Checked the solution after a while of fiddling around with it. The only difference in the solution and my code was that the solution had no capital letters when checking “choice” (“white”, “black”…).

1 Like

I just got through that lesson and had the same issue.

I think this is a reasonable point; this could be a difficult stumbling block, which could make the exercise harder than it needs to be. I have added a note to the question to give a hint about case sensitivity.

I just worked through this exercise and my only issue was that ‘psychedelic’ is actually lime and purple. This kind of confused me! Did anyone else run into this issue or did I miss something? @chrisdavidmills

@Tess_Bishop I hope it didn’t confuse you for too long! I added this one deliberately to keep people on their toes a bit with a less obvious connection.

Oh ok! I see what you did there :slight_smile: