Accessing Vouched Mozillians Content

Discourse allows us to control access to categories based on user groups. We are using the Mozillian’s API to allow some content to be restricted to vouched Mozillians. If you are a vouched Mozillian, here’s how to access this content:

1. Make sure the email address you use to log into Discourse is the same as the one you use to log into your vouched mozillians.org account
  2. If you’ve changed your email address on Discourse or mozillians.org then you will need to log out of Discourse and then log back in again
  3. See if you can view this topic

If we can’t say it should we say something here? I can’t see it:

https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/Noitidart/

It looks like the email you’re using on Discourse is different to the one you’re using on Mozillians. Change them to the same email, log out and back in again, and then you should be able to see the topic.

Thanks leo cant believe I missed that. I just updated it, and verified the email. I think it takes some time for it to kick in, I cant see it yet, will let you know when it lets me through.

Don’t worry, remember to log out and back in again so that Discourse has the opportunity to check your email against Mozillians. (The experience is clunky, I know - I’m currently working on making it a whole lot better).

Oh sheesh, i just had to follow directions. That’s why multitasking isn’t always best haha. That fixed it. :slight_smile: It was pretty smooth not clunky at all :slight_smile: Thanks!

1 Like

@noitidart Could you suggest a way to make the wording harder to miss? Maybe I should break out steps telling you to actually check the email addresses? I’m sure other people will make the same mistake, so any feedback on updating the wording to avoid that would be great!

Thanks for asking but it’s very clear. I was on #jsctypes on irc, coding, and doing some stackoverflow post reviews. So it’s on me haha I gave this like 0 thought so when I read point 1, I thought yeah my emails are the same (didn’t check), so I skipped step 2. And went to step 3. Then after changing email I never re-read things. Silly me :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s not working for me… please help. :frowning:
Is there anything in Settings or something?

Thank You…

hi @Sunnat

did you log out and back in again? Try and clear your browser cache and retry.

Yes, I did everything. :frowning: @buluma_michael

Don’t you worry now. We have a guru in here :smile:

@leo help?

Did you have to change your email address to be your Mozillians address? If so, when did you change it?

Trying to rule out if something is broken on our end. We just did an update and I think the new Mozillians API came out, as well.

I have opened my mozillian profile in 2013 and I haven’t change my mail id yet. Is there any problem in my account??
Mozillian Profile: https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/sunnat/
Persona and mail id: suncha629@gmail.com

Not in Mozillians, in Discourse. Did you change your email in Discourse, or was it always the address that matches Mozillians?

Mail id same. I use the Persona for all the sectors of Mozilla. is there any problem because I am using Persona?

No, we only use Persona. We’ll have to wait for @leo to try and troubleshoot this further. In the mean time I’ll manually add you to the group you need to be in, but when he has time to fix it he may want to take you back out for testing!