Mute topic doesn't work for emails

I recently found Mozilla Discourse and I checked on all checkboxes in Email section of my Preferences. Then I noticed that there is too much conversation in Add-ons category that doesn’t interest me and I added “Add-ons” in Muted Categories list. The problem is that emails continue coming from Add-ons. The checkbox “Send me an email for every new post (unless I mute the topic or category)” clearly says I should not receive emails from this category. Is this a bug?

Hi Kulev,

I also had this issue a while back. you can try disable ‘send me an email for every new post (unless I mute the topic or category)’ and ’ Send me email notifications even when I am active on the site’.

You can give it a try.

1 Like

Nope, disabling these two stops all email notifications. Where I can report this bug so that it’s visible in some backlog for bugs?

Exactly. Now use the watch categories feature to get only notifications that you want

Yes, we do suggest you watch the categories you specifically want notifications for rather than getting email notifications for everything, but we can still look into what’s going on here as other people might prefer to do things that way.

This is the right place to report it.

@yousef @leo

1 Like

Ah I see the problem. You only have the parent category “Add-ons” in your mute list. You have to add all the sub-categories as well. Let me know if that doesn’t fix the problem.

3 Likes

Thank you @Kensie, now Discourse does exactly what I want :smile:

3 Likes