How do I subscribe to a category like a mailing list?

I see options to get different levels of “notifications” for different categories, and a global setting for receiving emails for every new topic. But how can I get emails for every message sent to a particular category, like I would with a mailing list?

Go to that category and u have a button on the right near the “+ New topic” -> it looks like a circle and you can choose 4 types:

• Watching - You will automatically watch all new topics in these categories. You will
    be notified of every new post in every topic, and a count of new replies
    will be shown.
  • Tracking - You will automatically track all new topics in these categories. You will
    be notified if someone mentions your @name or replies to you, and a
    count of new replies will be shown.
  • Normal - You will be notified if someone mentions your @name or replies to you.
  • Muted - You will never be notified of anything about new topics in these categories, and they will not appear in latest.

We have plans to make this more discoverable and to improve the
descriptions. Watching is the option that gets you emails. These
descriptions don’t currently differentiate between site notifications and
email notifications. We also want to add a label to that button so it’s
easier to find.

2 Likes

Ah thanks, that was the part I didn’t understand. It seemed to only be talking about in-app notifications (with a separate global email setting), what I wanted was emails notifications for a particular category. Hopefully I’ve got that right now :smile: