Need help reviewing survey translations (French, Spanish, Chinese (simpl) and Japanese)

One of the most important metrics that we have for MDN is whether readers are successful in completing the task that they came to MDN to find help with. The way that we measure this is with a survey that is shown to a small percentage (2%) of MDN visitors, asking if they were successful in completing their task.

Until now, that survey has been offered only in English, regardless of what language the person was reading on MDN. We want to improve that by offering a localized survey, starting with the most popular non-English languages (based on traffic).

We have gotten the survey localized, but we need it to be reviewed to ensure that the localizations are correct. That’s why I’m asking for your help.

If you are a native speaker/reader of one of the languages I listed in the subject, please take a few minutes to look at the localized survey. You can choose a different language by clicking on “Select another language” in the top header. If you see anything that needs to be corrected, please add it to this feedback etherpad.

It helps to understand how this survey is presented on MDN:

1. If a user is selected to be surveyed, they see a prompt asking if they want to take the survey. (This prompt string will be added to Pontoon soon.)
  2. If they click yes, the survey opens in a new tab, with a screen that tells them to come back when they are finished with what they were doing on MDN.
  3. After 5 seconds, the tab switches to the main survey page. The user can also click “I’m done” to go the survey page immediately.
  4. The survey has only 4 questions, but the label for the last question is different, depending on whether they chose “Yes” or “No” for question #3.
  5. When they click “Submit” they see a thank-you screen. Please make sure you check this last screen as well.

Thanks for your help!

If you want Mozilla Italia can help on translating in Italian :slight_smile:

Done regarding French (I asked for some additional couple of eyes)

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, Daniele! Depending on the results we get for these initial translations, we might expand to other locales.

Thanks!

I don’t see any feedback yet for Spanish or Japanese. Either they are perfect, or nobody has looked at them :slight_smile:

Reportedly, enabling the localized surveys is a one-line fix for @shobson. We will use whatever feedback we have when that is ready; if there is more feedback later, we can update the survey when we get it.