Need to restart browser on first time add-on installation

Hi guys, i have made an extension but a restart is required to make it work, how should i prompt to restart browser to use add-on?

Why is a restart required?

it just do not work without restarting browser :cry:

Pretty sure that’s a solvable problem if you would share more details about your extension.

Im using an api to fetch news from newsapi.org, using jquery and plain js to add data in div, it is that simple add-on.
btw add-on has some issue, its down, i will make some changes nd then will give you a link to review bro…

So your content script is not executed without restart? Or just in existing tabs but gets attached to new tabs?

it just doesn’t start…

That is not an answer to my question. I’ll break it up:

• You have a content script in your extension?
  • That content script is not executed after installation in valid pages?
  • If you load a page where that content script should execute in a new tab it is still not executed?

can i send my code? im not sure what is the issue… i can send you a add-on zip file if thats fine…

you have a manifest.json file. Does it contain content_script?

no it doesn’t has content_script…

Then do you add an event listener for new tabs or windows to run your code on but you never go through the existing ones? Do you use an event listener like onStartup to start your add-on? Can you describe “not working” more or provide some code samples?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/usa-today-news/ here is the link bro, can you please check what is the issue?

Sorry, but I’d say you have to do some efforts as well. This is a community for help, not do all the work in your place… :roll_eyes:

1 Like