I’m happy to announce that we have the new Reps Regional Coaches.
We have selected 1-2 coaches per region so they can work together in this important role. During the next weeks they will be doing an initial research on the different communities in their region and after an orientation call they will start meeting some of them.
We changed a bit the initial list of regions to accommodate cultural differences and avoid having groups with too many big communities, the updated list is:
- Region 1: USA, Canada
- Region 2: Mexico, El Salvador, Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay, Chile, Argentina, Cuba
- Region 3: Ireland, UK, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Sweden, Lithuania, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic.
- Region 4: Hungary, Albania, Kosovo, Serbia, Bulgaria, Macedonia, Greece, Romania, Croatia, Bosnia, Montenegro, Ukraine, Russia, Israel
- Region 5: Algeria, Tunisia, Egypt, Jordan, Turkey, Palestine, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Iran
- Region 6: Cameroon, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Ghana
- Region 7: Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, Madagascar, Mauritius, Zimbabwe, Botswana
- Region 8: China, Taiwan, Bangladesh, Japan
- Region 9: India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Myanmar
- Region 10: Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand
- Edoardo Viola (@edovio)
- Giannis Konstantinidis (@giannisk)
As a reminder here you have the role description and commitments:
- Develop a clear view of local communities status, problems, needs.
- Help local communities surface any issues or concerns.
- Provide guidance/coaching on Mozilla’s goals to local communities.
- Run regular checkins with communities and volunteers in the region.
- Coordinate with the rest of regional coaches on a common protocol, best practices.
- Be a bridge between communities in the same region.
- This role is not a power structure nor a decision maker, it just helps the communities in the region.
- At least 5h per week to devote to this task.
- Have a max of 72h response time to communications.
- Be able to meet (audio/video) with regional communities and others.