Page action crashed firefox

I think i found a reproducible bug. The problem happens with the popup feature of a page action. When using a file input html element in the popup feature of a page action, firefox completely crashes. Can anyone else confirm this? Does anyone know how to do file input from a page action pop up?

Sadly no, this is not a crash but a limitation/bug. Once the popoup looses a focus, it will close.
This affects file inputs and color pickers (the native one).

The only solution is to reopen the popup in a new tab, so the UI then may look like this:

(the arrow icon is a button)

For clarity, when you say “firefox completely crashes,” do you mean that the browser crashes or that the extension’s popup is closed? If the browser crashed, you should see a crash file when you navigate to about:crashes. Make sure that the crash has been submitted and please share the Report ID here so the engineering team can take a closer look.

The browser competently crashes. It gives me a crash report. The ID is bp-de90b3ca-0d37-4be3-91ce-044680240912. I have the code simplified down to nothing but a file input element and a page action and it still crashes the browser. When a sidebar is instead used, the same code works as expected.

If you haven’t yet, please open a bug report on bugzil.la. Be sure to attach the minimal demo you mentioned and include the crash ID.