People having trouble registering

There is a user who reached out to the support address at amo-editors. They are reporting that they entered their information and can only access the themes section. He didn’t know who to contact, and I’m not sure either.

Can someone please check if registering is working ok. If possible can you provide instructions how to register, if it differs from what I told him below:

1. Go to https://discourse.mozilla-community.org/
  2. Click “Sign up” at top right
  3. This pops up a window with a big “Connect” button and “Persona Login - Click ‘Connect’ to sign in with Persona.”
  4. Click “Connect”.
  5. This pops open another window which Mozilla Persona.
  6. Login/sign up here. Then it will close the two pop ups and you should be able to use discourse

I just created a new account, and I can definitely access more than the themes category. Can they provide any screenshots (or descriptions) of what they see when trying to access other categories?

Thanks Leo will ask them now.

Hi Leo,
He mentions that he completed the persona steps successfully but is not getting anything in his email inbox.

Yeah that’s to be expected if he was active on the site when the welcome PM was sent. Otherwise, unless he’s watching a category or topic no emails should’ve been sent.

You mention he can only access the themes category. What happens when he tries to visit the homepage. What happens when you link him to this topic?