Recording not available for kabyle

Recording not available for kabyle language. I can validate only.
No issue with other languages. No issue when not logged in. Problem on windows as on Linux.

I’m experiencing the same problem, but instead of Kabyle, it’s with Spanish. I’ve done around 260+ recordings in a single session (probably on 1 hour or perhaps less). I assumed I got banned somehow (I started just today), as I cannot record in Spanish in 3 different browsers across 2 different web browsers, but still I’m able to record in other languages.

Edit: @sifaks In this other topic I found it might be because we run out of available sentences to read in our respective languages.

1 Like

Not fixed actually “Fixed. We just run out of sentences.”

@sifaks Same for German: neither recordings nor validations are available.

Btw: why is recording limited anyway? I have not yet recorded every sentence and I thought the rule “more samples is better” would apply here…

I think more samples will be better, but we do have a limited number of validators, so I think they’re trying to better allocate human resources.

It’s because they split them up into training and test groups. One group is used to train the AI and the other is used to test how good it is. So as not to taint the testing, sentences and voices should only exist in one of the groups. When you register for an account, your account is assigned to one of the groups at random and the test group is much smaller than the training group.

That makes perfectly sense and is an interesting insight Thank you!

In the meantime you can validate sentences here if you are comfortable with the Kabyle syntax & grammar rules :slight_smile:

We need also people there.

https://common-voice.github.io/sentence-collector/#/review/kab

1 Like