Review Process Suggestion

As an add-on developer that makes frequent and continuous additions to functionality in my add-ons, I am a bit concerned about the timeliness of the Mozilla review process - especially as compared to Google and other browsers, and particularly when and if a reviewer find grounds for rejection. Because the Firefox add-ons go through a more time-consuming manual review process - which is good for security - it also provides a somewhat varied tolerance in what is accepted each time. It also seems strange that a submission is placed in the back of the queue again after a rejected review, instead of in a separate “already reviewed once” queue. This can cause a single submission to take a month or longer to get accepted due to relatively small technicalities. Anything that can be done to optimize this process I think would greatly benefit the Firefox developers community, and decrease the lag and frustration felt by developers. Thanks for listening.

The review process will be overhauled very soon, and no waiting will be required for add-ons that use the WebExtensions API.