Scrollbars Missing in windows.create() with type=popup

It seems scrollbars are missing for new windows of type popup. Does anyone know a workarround? aside from using a normal window.

Putting your content in an iframe spanning the entire page definitely works and is probably doesn’t require any real changes. Just use this as the file directly in the popup:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html><head>
	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
	<link rel="icon" href="/icon.png" type="image/png">
	<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no">
	<title>Title</title>
</head><body>
	<iframe src="/path/to/actual/file.html" style="border: none;margin: 0px;left: 0px;top: 0px;width: 100%;height: 100%;position: fixed;"></iframe>
</body></html>

That’s an interesting idea, but not a solution for me, since the website I’m showing is not mine to change.
Edit: ah, nevermind, I guess I could have a local file and direct all url changes through this local file… but man that would be ugly.

Ah.
Well, if the website allows to be framed you could still do that.

I guess I could do that if nothing better shows up and Mozilla won’t fix it. Thanks

I have the same problem.
Is this a bug or a specification of browser.windows.create()?

what are the difference between “popup”, “panel” and “detached_panel”? It seems there are no differences between them to me.

Only the first tow are actually windows.WindowTypes (I have heard “detached_panel” before, though).
I don’t think there is a difference (anymore). Chrome had panels once but removed the (experimental) support and now falls back to popup behavior. Firefox does the same.

1 Like