Scrollbars Missing in windows.create() with type=popup

It seems scrollbars are missing for new windows of type popup. Does anyone know a workarround? aside from using a normal window.

(Niklas Gollenstede) #2

Putting your content in an iframe spanning the entire page definitely works and is probably doesn’t require any real changes. Just use this as the file directly in the popup:

<!DOCTYPE html>
	<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
	<link rel="icon" href="/icon.png" type="image/png">
	<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no">
	<iframe src="/path/to/actual/file.html" style="border: none;margin: 0px;left: 0px;top: 0px;width: 100%;height: 100%;position: fixed;"></iframe>

That’s an interesting idea, but not a solution for me, since the website I’m showing is not mine to change.
Edit: ah, nevermind, I guess I could have a local file and direct all url changes through this local file… but man that would be ugly.

(Niklas Gollenstede) #4

Well, if the website allows to be framed you could still do that.

I guess I could do that if nothing better shows up and Mozilla won’t fix it. Thanks

(Zoqtoydr) #6

I have the same problem.
Is this a bug or a specification of

(Zoqtoydr) #7

what are the difference between “popup”, “panel” and “detached_panel”? It seems there are no differences between them to me.

(Niklas Gollenstede) #8

Only the first tow are actually windows.WindowTypes (I have heard “detached_panel” before, though).
I don’t think there is a difference (anymore). Chrome had panels once but removed the (experimental) support and now falls back to popup behavior. Firefox does the same.