Submitted addon more than a month ago, stuck at 124 (Update: Review Completed)

So it looks like my extension is stuck at position 124 for a couple of days now. I don’t know if you guys need anything from me but here’s the extension.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cookie-autodelete/

Also most of the files are the same as my other extension History AutoDelete so maybe that should help with the review? Thank you to whomever that helps.

Update:
Queue: 83/605

New Unlisted Signed Version at Github Releases:
https://github.com/mrdokenny/Cookie-AutoDelete/releases

Update 5/13/17:
Cookie AutoDelete now listed and reviewed at AMO :smiley:

1 Like

I am not a reviewer but this is a really cool extension :smiley: I can’t wait to use it :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m sorry it takes so long for the review :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks Andrei. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have sent an information request regarding the included libraries.

I sent a reply on AMO.

@erosman Is there any problems? It’s been about 3 days since I heard a response.

I am sorry but there are many addons in the queues and not enough reviewers. :frowning:

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

How is this queue managed? I submitted probably the smallest WebExtension ever and it got approved in 1 hour. It’s basically a line of JS wrapped in a WebExtension.

Is there like a fast lane for small ones?

That depends.

I have seen addons with 4000+ JS files (unnecessary though IMO).
I have seen addons with JS files that are 20,000+ lines of code.
I have seen addons with many libraries and/or minified/obfuscated code.

These take a long time to review and often have to be reviewed by an admin reviewer.
Addons with attaches sources also are automatically sent to the admin queue.

Then there are poor practices …

I have seen an addon with 3 lines of code which included 2 massive libraries for those 3 lines :rolling_eyes:
I have seen many addons that complicate the code and review, add a lot of function overheads for no good reason.

For example:

var list = "aaa bbb ccc ddd eee".split(' ');

Why not?

var list = ['aaa', 'bbb', 'ccc', 'ddd', 'eee'];

Or …

var text = '';
text.concat('aaa ');
text.concat('bbb ');
text.concat('ccc ');
text.concat('ddd ');
text.concat('eee ');

instead of:

var text = 'aaa bbb ccc ddd eee';

Or …

var list = [];
list.push('aaa');
list.push('bbb');
list.push('ccc');
list.push('ddd');
list.pucs('eee');

instead of:

var list = ['aaa', 'bbb', 'ccc', 'ddd', 'eee'];

Even today I saw 2 addons with 200 lines of entries like above.

So, to answer your question, addons with small amount of code and/or updates with minor changes tends to get done quickly.

After all, one of those large addons takes as much time as reviewing 100 small addons.

Hopefully, the plan to make the review process faster works well because everyday I see the queue number rising (now at 473).

And today I noticed I went from 124 to 123 :rolling_eyes:. So I assume those ahead of me are the extensions that take a long time to review.

@erosman Do you know if my extension is in the admin queue cause now it’s stuck at 69/666? I also made some changes to the code base if you could take a look at and see if anything that needs to be changed. There has been a demand for my extension as it is a WebExtension replacement for Self Destructing Cookies, so anything that would make it easier to review would be good.

It is not in the admin queue. You can try IRC #addon-reveiwers and ask if anyone would do it.