# Lets you hide the Toolbar or Bookmark Menu folder
# so they don’t clutter the panel in case you don’t use them
- extensions.quickmark.showToolbarFolder
- extensions.quickmark.showBookmarksMenuFolder

# Disables the panel (User request)
- extensions.quickmark.disablePanel

####Bugs
If you have a bug be sure to mention:

• Your operating system (Windows, Linux, Mac)
  • What version of Firefox you are running
  • When you think the bug first occurred
  • Anything that might help me recreate the conditions that produce the bug
  • Any console messages that were logged when the bug occurred (Don’t worry if you don’t know what this means)

What is usually helpful as well, is testing if the bug occurs on a clean profile with just QuickMark installed. This helps me recognize whether the bug has anything to do with your specific configuration of Firefox.

If you see that someone else has posted the same bug you are experiencing, it might be smart to still make an additional post about it. Multiple reports can help me resolve a bug.

Hi,
Had noted Quickmark before and just installed it on Firefox 41, GNU/Linux.
“Default bookmark menu” is enabled in the options.
atm:

• <Ctrl-D> is taken over: (+)
  • « Type the first letters of a folder to select it. »
    Should be « first letters of any DISPLAYED (sub)folder, otherwise it let me think, well, “type the first level of a [= any] folder to select it”. But people having 7 levels subfolders (poor ones, hope they never use Sync…) will have to manually go till the sixth one : (-)
  • Use the arrow keys to navigate the folder-tree. and to expand and contract a folder : (+)
  • <Ctrl-Shift> to edit a bookmark: did nothing whether on the bookmarked page (blue star) or after having displayed the bookmark with (note it has standard bookmarking UI, not QuickMark) : (-)
  • <Ctrl-Enter> to create a folder: works when first bookmarking a page; not on editing.

Maybe I will get it later after some use. Just thought I’ll let you know how it works for a bookmarking addict trying Chipmark.

Anyway kuddos for your work as Firefox bookmarking UI is OK… while you play just a bit with bookmarks no more than that.
Yours datruche

1 Like

I love this idea but when I use the CTRL D on my Windows 7 Firefox 41.0.1 it only occasionally brings up the correct UI. Most of the time it shows this one. I’m not sure what’s causing it. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Nancy

(

You’re right! I edited the description to better reflect the functionality.

I have been considering implementing an (optional) dedicated search input to do more complex searches across all folders, for the more hardcore bookmarkers. Although this won’t be soon though, I’m busy for the moment and QuickMark will require some extra work.

I think there is some mix-up here.

• Ctrl-Shift is for creating a new folder whilst in the process of creating a bookmark with QuickMark.
  • Ctrl-Enter is for directly editing the preferences of the bookmark you are creating. Instead of having to create a bookmark first and then having to re-trigger the bookmark star to edit the preferences. It streamlines bookmark creation just a tiny bit. And is more useful to people who have the “Default bookmark menu” option disabled.

I think it is important to note here that these are both features for when creating a bookmark. Because that is what QuickMark’s primary focus is, creating bookmarks. I don’t think QuickMark should bleed out into surrounding areas, like bookmark aftercare.

And thanks for all your feedback! I’ll keep it in mind.

The “Edit This Bookmark” dialog should only appears when you have already bookmarked the page and then press Ctrl + D. This is to edit the preferences of the bookmark after already having created it.
Is that the case? Or does it appear even when the page is not bookmarked yet?

Usually the dialog box is anchored to the star icon, instead of the url-bar like in you picture. But when QuickMark can’t find the star icon in neither the toolbar nor the Firefox menu, it will anchor itself to the url-bar. So if the star icon is no where it be found, this is expected behavior.

If that is not the case, then maybe there is a conflict in the modifications you have installed for your Firefox interface. I see you have some installed. Could you tell me which add-ons they are so I can have a look to see if there is a conflict.

Ah… I didn’t realized it did that. As I tested it it appears that is correct. Thank you for clarifying that for me and also the info about the star icon. I have customized Firefox extensively so the star icon is not there. I may put it back for this purpose though.

Thanks!

Glad I could help. And the screenshot helped alot.

A quick question… can I change the shorcut key it uses?

Nope, sorry.

No problem. Great little addon!

I think there is some mix-up here.

Ctrl-Shift is for creating a new folder whilst in the process of creating a bookmark with QuickMark.
Ctrl-Enter is for directly editing the preferences of the bookmark you are creating. Instead of having to create a bookmark first and then having to re-trigger the bookmark star to edit the preferences. It streamlines bookmark creation just a tiny bit. And is more useful to people who have the "Default bookmark menu" option disabled.

I think it is important to note here that these are both features for when creating a bookmark. Because that is what QuickMark’s primary focus is, creating bookmarks. I don’t think QuickMark should bleed out into surrounding areas, like bookmark aftercare.

Yeap, I knew I’ll need to get my fingers on little Quickmark :blush:

The “Edit This Bookmark” dialog should only appears when you have already bookmarked the page and then press Ctrl + D. This is to edit the preferences of the bookmark after already having created it.

I confirm that.

can I change the shorcut key it uses?

Nope

Hmm that would be handy to eg use AddBookmark² or any way to be able to add a note/description when usedful.

I have been considering implementing an (optional) dedicated search input to do more complex searches across all folders, for the more hardcore bookmarkers. Although this won’t be soon though, I’m busy for the moment and QuickMark will require some extra work.

If it allowed to look for tag then hmmm, yammy!
See eg TagSieves on that.

PS: there are nice people on that new Mozilla community platform :smile:

Hi,
My QuickMark now disables the Bookmarks > Bookmark this page function

If I enable it, Bookmarks > Bookmark is grayed and not usable (even the Cmd-D shortcut).

If I disable it, Bookmarks > Bookmark is enabled as well as shortcut key.

I use FF 52.0.2 on MacOSX 10.11.6

It worked perfectly a few days ago (monday I think) and then (on the same session) the shortcut key came greyed. I did not install any new addons since weeks

Enabled addons:

• 1password
  • Auto Unload Tab
  • Auto-Sort Bookmarks
  • Awesome search extension
  • Cookies Manager +
  • Customizable Shortcuts
  • Duplicate Tabs closer
  • FireFTP
  • Flagfox
  • Google Redirects Fixer
  • Greasemonkey
  • metacert
  • Modify Headers
  • NoScript
  • Old Lion Fullscreen
  • ScrapBook
  • Session Manager
  • Sidebar Bookmarks Search Plus
  • Tab Groups
  • uBlock Origin
  • Xmarks

Thanks for the detailed report Lau.
I think I have found the problem and it should be fixed in the next release (Version 1.2.11).

Hi @MartijnJ! Do you have any plans to port QuickMark to be a WebExtension?

1 Like

Hey @MartijnJ! I love the add-on. With 57 now on the horizon, are there any plans to port QuickMark to a WebExtension? If not, is the source available, or is there an alternative you recommend? Thanks.

Sorry for the late response, apparently I had notifications turned off.

I don’t currently have plans on porting the extension.
I will likely reconsider once more APIs are completed.

@EpicWolverine, if you download the extension from AMO you can extract the xpi through something like 7-zip. Don’t know if I recommend it though, QuickMark was my way of learning javascript :sweat_smile:

Could you add a vertical scroll bar to the dropdown list of folders that appears when I click to add a new bookmark? I have so many subfolders in one section that I cannot see them all. Yes I know it’s my fault for having so many, but it is what it is! Here’s an image:

It should be there already.

Might be a problem with your theme.

Inline afbeelding 1

Anyway, further development for QuickMark has stopped.

You are correct, it was my theme (LittleFox 3.12). Changed to another theme and there is the scrollbar! Thank you for the quick reply. Hope you reconsider stopping development, this is a great addon. Would like to use it in FF57+. Otherwise I might shut off updates and stay on 56!

Hi. Is there any news on porting this addon to the current Firefox version? If not, is there any other add-on that mimics this one, for any browser? I know bookmarking may be out of fashion but I can’t understand why is the default add-bookmark so bad in every browser I try.

I had a similar add-on for Chrome that was simply eliminated (I don’t know why, security reasons probably).

I bookmark. And I just need to have a 2-steps bookmarking tool like this. I’m going crazy trying to use the default add-bookmark.

Thanks.