[Support] uBlock Origin

Works for me. Some special repro steps?

BTW uBlock is written in javascript, javascript does not crash. If the browser crashes while interpreting javascript, there is an issue with the browser.

If I disabled uBlock, it doesnā€™t crash.

(this commenting system is so confusing, i hope iā€™m using it correctly)

to the point. on https://yifymovies.to/ i have enabled the grey box to the global column so it doesnā€™t allow any pop-up. the site has a habit of displaying a popup or when i right click on a link, it will immediately open it, even if i donā€™t confirm the opening by pressing the mouse button.
why is that with every update that setting is reset and i have to set it again?
v1.14.10
Untitled

Hi gwarser,

Here is an example. I would like to know if there is any method to circumvent the anti-ADB with current filtering functions.

http://urle.co/TiuJLb

The anti-ADB script replaces DOM elements by name, which renders uBlock useless.

if (app_vars['force_disable_adblock'] === '1') {
  var adblock_message = '<div class="alert alert-danger" style="display: inline-block;">'+
    app_vars['please_disable_adblock']+'</div>';

$('#link-view').replaceWith(adblock_message);
  $('.banner-page a.get-link').replaceWith(adblock_message);
  $('.interstitial-page div.skip-ad').replaceWith(adblock_message);
}

Grey is for noop (no-operation) - you have no other rules, so this will do nothing at all.

Popup blocking icon is on the bottom: (marked red) Sadly, it will not work in this case.

To counter popups on this page, try this filter
yifymovies.to##script:inject(addEventListener-defuser.js, /^(click|mousedown|mousemove|touchstart|touchend|touchmove)/, system.popunder) (copy-paste in UBO Dashboard -> My filters tab)

To make dynamic filtering rules permanent, click on the Lock button in top left corner.

1 Like

Works fine when ā€œAdguard base filtersā€ is checked. Probably because of this filter @@||urle.co/js/ads.js^ which unblocks this little snippet of code:

var e=document.createElement('div');e.id='test-block';e.style.display='none';document.body.appendChild(e);

no need for element removing/renaming.

Thanks for this info. I guess we are lucky because this script is external. That filter would be useless if they eventually move it inline.

Hi,

I just realized that there seems to be a conflict with uBlock Origin as a Firefox add-on and editing self hosted WordPress sites.

When Iā€™m in my dashboard and edit a post or a page and hit view page, the preview does not show up and clicking any link or a button in the menu doesnā€™t have any effect. I have to reload the page in FF to see the preview and to be able to navigate to any other point in the WordPress installation.

In FF the problem exists since version 1.13.10 - going back to version 1.13.8 or deactivating the add-on ā€œsolvesā€ the problem.

I tested with Win 7 Pro, FF 55.0.3 (32 bit) on different machines and with different WordPress installations.

Is there anyone who can reproduce this problem? Any ideas to solve it?

In Chrome uBlock Origin version 1.14.8 just works fine.

Looks like this https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/2982 - Firefox bug

Many such issues specific to the webext version of uBO have surfaced since its release. Since then, there has been more clues about the root causes, some of them are linked to in the release notes of 1.14.10.

The most common one seems to be that disabling e10s in uBO/webext is more likely to cause issues. Verify if e10s is disabled on your side. Keep in mind that e10s can be automatically disabled if you are still using legacy extensions.

I checked it. It does work! :slight_smile:

Does uBo use the fast or slow mechanism with third-party cookies set to NEVER? How do you tell?

Itā€™s about this https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/2925
You can check which one file is used to store data:

Yes, my observation is that the indexedDB storage is at a location like [profile path]/storage/default/moz-extension+++[random]/. The browser.storage.local is at [profile path]/browser-extension-data/uBlock0@raymondhill.net/storage.js.

1 Like

Thank you gwarser for the help.

thank you gwarser for the reply.

now another issue. i noticed that on the ā€œanswers.microsoft.comā€ forum, the addon breaks the reply system on FF. is that a FF or a ublock issue?
another user here suggested that installing 1.13.8 will fix the issue. is it going to be fixed on a new FF or ublock update? do you have any clue?

Probably this https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/issues/2990
If you follow links, you will find explanation.
Probably already fixed in Firefox 58, maybe be fixed in 57.

1 Like

This bug is annoying me to no end, half of my regular websites just refuse to open new tabs or just hang when i press enter into a search barā€¦

Hello.

I am unable to sync uBlock over three devices (all Win Desktops).
Firefox v52.x ESR uBlock v1.13.8

All other sync OK (preferences, addons, bookmarks, history sync in a few seconds after launch FF).

At this point I am wondering is it possible to sync uBlock settings and preferences over three devices? OK, I can save the options step by step over ā€œcloud storageā€, but this work not across the devices.

Thanks for help!

This should work if you have UBO 1.13.8 legacy on all browsers.
Sync will not work between lagacy and webextension.

If you have many lists selected, you may hit quota limit. Deselect some, and try again. https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Cloud-storage#firefox-browsers

Hello and thanks for help!

All uBlock are legacy v1.13.8

The whole pre defined lists are stored in the cloud?? I donā€™t think so (too much data alone in EasyList), and my question is about automatic sync in background, not about manual ā€œcloud storageā€.

In all three devices uBlock is installed fresh. My new lists are small, only a few entries. Before uBlock I used AddBlockPlus, which sync excellent over years a great number of entries.

Is there any documentation about the feature in uBlock? Do I need to configure an special entry in config (FF or uBlock)?

No such thing in uBlock - just read the wiki, I gave you a link.