Hi, thank you very much for this addon. It is very intuitive to use and I enjoy the granularity it offers. However, I have just discovered that it is the source of a long-standing problem(s) with my Firefox browser!
It prevents addons from being downloaded. The browser gets stuck forever at the “verifying addon” stage.
It prevents addons from updating - even itself! For the longest time I was using uMatrix 0.9 bc I did not realise a new version had been released, and I could only upgrade to version 1.0 by disabling uMatrix from the addon manager. Very odd.
The filter lists in uMatrix or uBlock fail to update when uMatrix is enabled. I get the icon for “network error” when I try this. My filter lists for uBlock were being flagged as out of date for months; when I disabled uMatrix they were able to update.
Firefox updates also do not work from in the browser. I must exit and run Firefox installer if I want to update to the newest version.
The Internet Download Manager integration module doesn’t work. The program captures video if I manually cut and paste the source url from FF into the IDM program window, but the neither the button or the option it adds to the right-click menu in the browser work with uMatrix enabled. Instead you get a message telling you that the current version of firefox does not support IDM integration.
I want to stress, all these problems existed with uMatrix version 0.9 running on FF 49 or so; they all went away when I disabled uMatrix. Then when I added uMatrix 1.0 to FF 55 they all came back! I again disabled uMatrix and once again these issues vanished. So I’m pretty sure the root issue is with this addon.
Currently on FF 55.0.3 (32 bit) using the addons IDM integration, Privacy Badger, NoScript, uBlock Origin 1.14.8 plus a couple of addons for taking screenshots and the like.
I hope this is enough info for you to investigate the issue. Thankyou for your time.