[Support] uMatrix

Using uMatrix 1.0.1rc1 on Firefox 55.0.2.
Scrolling down the list on certain websites is impossible as it just pops back up infinitely.

Example GIF

Also, the “other” column seems to be cut off sometimes and hovering the mouse pointer over the version number brings up a hover-text popup saying “popupTipDashboard”

This bug is known and is not related to uMatrix but Firefox instead. See this answer by gorhill.

I am on Firefox 56.0b8 (64-bit) with uMatrix 1.0.1rc1 and the issue seems to be resolved.

1 Like

I did not know that. Thank you.

Collapse placeholder of blocked elements

option is not being recognized for me

tried version 1.0.0 and 1.0.1rc1

example page http://reddit.com

Include the button to save changes in user agent lists, I don’t know the change will be saved or not unless changed the state of “Spoof User-Agent string…” checkbox.

I use uMatrix v1.0.0 (uMatrix.firefox.xpi) on Firefox ESR v52.1.2 and have configured uMatrix to disable all scripts by default. But somehow, inline scripts are still executed on http://rule34hentai.net/ site. Below are the first few lines of my uMatrix Rules (minus host specific rules).

matrix-off: about-scheme true
matrix-off: addons.about-scheme false
matrix-off: chrome-extension-scheme true
* * * block
* * css allow
* * image allow
* 1st-party cookie allow
* 1st-party doc allow

The result on that site is that after about 5 seconds, it replaces the page with a message saying that an adblocker is detected. It’s not a browser redirect through HTML META Refresh element since there’s no such HTML element within the HTML source code and the URL stays the same.

This problem doesn’t occur for WebExtension version of uMatrix. I’ve tested it on Firefox v54 and Chromium v43.

The column OTHER on the right is truncated as soon the scrolllist appears with Firefox and uMatrix 1.0.1rc1 WEBEXT …

Using the latest development version (1.0.1rc1) on latest Firefox nightly (57.0a1 (2017-09-21) (64-bit)) I am unable to export to cloud storage. Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi, thank you very much for this addon. It is very intuitive to use and I enjoy the granularity it offers. However, I have just discovered that it is the source of a long-standing problem(s) with my Firefox browser!

It prevents addons from being downloaded. The browser gets stuck forever at the “verifying addon” stage.

It prevents addons from updating - even itself! For the longest time I was using uMatrix 0.9 bc I did not realise a new version had been released, and I could only upgrade to version 1.0 by disabling uMatrix from the addon manager. Very odd.

The filter lists in uMatrix or uBlock fail to update when uMatrix is enabled. I get the icon for “network error” when I try this. My filter lists for uBlock were being flagged as out of date for months; when I disabled uMatrix they were able to update.

Firefox updates also do not work from in the browser. I must exit and run Firefox installer if I want to update to the newest version.

The Internet Download Manager integration module doesn’t work. The program captures video if I manually cut and paste the source url from FF into the IDM program window, but the neither the button or the option it adds to the right-click menu in the browser work with uMatrix enabled. Instead you get a message telling you that the current version of firefox does not support IDM integration.

I want to stress, all these problems existed with uMatrix version 0.9 running on FF 49 or so; they all went away when I disabled uMatrix. Then when I added uMatrix 1.0 to FF 55 they all came back! I again disabled uMatrix and once again these issues vanished. So I’m pretty sure the root issue is with this addon.

Currently on FF 55.0.3 (32 bit) using the addons IDM integration, Privacy Badger, NoScript, uBlock Origin 1.14.8 plus a couple of addons for taking screenshots and the like.

I hope this is enough info for you to investigate the issue. Thankyou for your time.

Do you still have default whitelisting rules in Dashboard -> My rules?

matrix-off: about-scheme true
matrix-off: behind-the-scene true
matrix-off: chrome-extension-scheme true
matrix-off: chrome-scheme true
matrix-off: localhost true
matrix-off: opera-scheme true

Yes indeed they are all still there

Yes those all still appear under My Rules

Sent using Hushmail

gwarser
September 25
Do you still have default whitelisting rules in Dashboard -> My rules?

> matrix-off: about-scheme true
> matrix-off: behind-the-scene true
> matrix-off: chrome-extension-scheme true
> matrix-off: chrome-scheme true
> matrix-off: localhost true
> matrix-off: opera-scheme true

New extensions “webextensions” require one more line here. Please add:

matrix-off: moz-extension-scheme true

and try again

Thank you, that fixes the issue with the IDM integration module , but not the other issues. The situation with downloading addons or updating filter lists in uBlock (and uMatrix itself?!?) remains.

gwarser
September 26
New extensions “webextensions” require one more line here. Please add:

> matrix-off: moz-extension-scheme true

FireFox 56 appears to have broken something with the popup/display of the addon. The addon still works but the width of the popup when you click the icon is now a lot narrower and you cannot scroll to the right to see all the options.

Vertical scrolling still works.

EDIT: Literally a minute after posting this I found the dev branch for the addon and the latest RC version seems to have resolved the issue even though I’m on FireFox 56 and not 57.

EDIT #2: The issue is not fully resolved, I’ve found pages where it still isn’t wide enough to fit all the information and others where it is. The issue seems to be if there is enough content to require a scrollbar for vertical scrolling the scrollbar covers most of the most right hand column instead of appearing next to it.

2 Likes

uMatrix 1.0.0 (legacy addon) with Firefox 56 has wrong size of popup which cut right half of Window.

In addition since Fx 54 i could not open log or options clicking on icon or popup header bar accordingly - these actions are dead.

1 Like

Also, complementing the reports from @RadioActiveLobster, and @SylwesterZarebski , in Firefox 56 the access to the settings (via the “gear” icon on the top bar of the popup) isn’t working, I mean, clicking that icon does nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? When I block cookies globaly, including for first party cookies, websites still seem to read them! For example, on the google.co.uk website I click on the butten to dismiss the banner at the bottom. Then reload the page. And, the banner stays gone. Yet, if i delete cookies in my browser the banner reapers after reloading the page. Another website where you can experiance this is theguardian.com. Yet on other websites it seems to work fine. What is going on?

Blacklisted cookies are not prevented by uMatrix from entering your browser. However they are prevented from leaving your browser

https://github.com/gorhill/uMatrix/wiki/Cookies

The window is not wide enough.

How can I fix this?