Syncing Snooze Tabs? More than one computer?

Sometimes I work in the office. Sometimes I work at home. I might even work in the library or somewhere else.

Respectively, on a desktop, another desktop, a laptop.

I use Sync between these three computers.

So some thoughts:

• I may want a tab that I snoozed at home to show up wherever I’m working tomorrow, or next month. I don’t know where I’ll be at that time.
  • Of course, Firefox could know which machine I’m actually on, having most recently used my browser on one of those machines.
  • When I snooze a tab, it would be good to have the option to say this computer only or whatever computer I happen to be using.

Right now I use followupthen.com a lot, and send myself links to things that I want to revisit. Snooze tabs is even better. The thing is I check my email on all of my computers, wherever I am. So that solution works for me. But if Snooze Tabs is going to pop something up on my home computer when I happen to be in the office, it won’t work for me as well.

Some things to think about.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input! Snooze Tabs is pretty ignorant of Sync right now in its prototype form - we don’t really have access to those capabilities as a WebExtension. But could be interesting to change that situation

What about storage.sync ? This should allow to synchronize snoozed tabs across all devices.