This is a review I posted

This could be so freaking good. But … it can be a real pain in the ass! Why? Because sometimes just having uMatrix enabled in the Extensions page of Firefox will break some websites even though uMatrix is set to “Disabled for this scope.”

This occurs mostly on login pages, and one has to go to the extension page and disable uMatrix to login to a site. This is across both Linux and Windows.

If there was a way to COMPLETELY disable uMatix from the toolbar… well that would be great.

This was your reply dev:

The idea is that you should configure the proper ruleset once for the login then you will be set forever. You can create rules in the global scope for things that will often need whitelisting. The top-left cell is the scope selector, from where you can access the global scope.

In any case, you can disable globally by selecting the global scope and toggle off matrix filtering, not recommended though, best is to create the needed rules so you do not have to ever disable globally.

If you submitted your specific issue in the forum I could probably guide you on how to solve your specific issue: [Support] uMatrix

The problem: Even though umatrix is disabled for a scope, there are sites it still breaks, and one has to disable it completely from the Firefox addon page in order for the site to work.

It is not a matter of proper configuration; it is a matter of NOTHING can be configured to work on certain sites if umatrix is enabled in any way shape or form. Sorry, but it is true.

Possible solution: add a way to disable/enable it from the toolbar icons in the same way it is disabled via the firefox addons page.

That is unfortunate, by not giving me a specific case as asked, you are not allowing me to refute your statement. I wrote the whole thing so surely I could guide you to solve your specific case, there is always a way to come up with the proper ruleset without having to wholly disable uMatrix – using the logger might help a lot in some cases.

In any case, yes, you can disable wholly without going to about:addons: select global scope, then toggle off matrix filtering, and optionally also toggle off the three per-scope switches.