Thread: Add-ons not working due to certificate expiration

what if we don’t have those versions

1 Like

my version is the 67.0b16 (64-bit) of the Developer Edition

I just tried to turn the fix that Renannm posted and it didn’t work! I hope The Firefox team fix this soon

this seems to work for me, do I need to toggle it back on after I re enable my extensions

A temporary workaround:

1. Navigate to about:debugging
  2. Click the ‘Load Temporary Add-on’ button
  3. Navigate to the .xpi file in your profile directory select it and click Open.

To find your profile directory and extensions:

• Windows:
    C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{profile id}.default\extensions
  • Linux:
    ~/.mozilla/firefox/{profile id}.default/extensions/
  • MacOS:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/{profile id}.default/extensions

Or just download the extensions you want from https://addons.mozilla.org/:

1. Right click on the ‘Add to Firefox’ button
  2. Choose ‘Save Link As’ from the menu
  3. Save the .xpi file somewhere handy
  4. Navigate to about:debugging
  5. Click the ‘Load Temporary Add-on’ button
  6. Navigate to the .xpi file you downloaded and open it

Restarting Firefox will remove any temporarily loaded extensions.

So what happened? They forgot to make a payment? Do we need to do fundraising???

1 Like

I didn’t tried to enable it back yet. But i’m gonna keep like this until a official fix come from the devs. By the name of the field it only seems a matter of block for lack of privilege or something, not a big deal imo. Good to know it helped. :slight_smile:

Has anyone else found that web pages are also downloading like molasses? I can’t work this way!

Glad to have a fallback chromium browser, I finally have the chance to use it today!
I’m wondering how can I delete the remote sync profile so that when it comes back to life and when I reconnect the sync service, my local backup(glad to have it) will not be override

Here’s an article that summarizes this whole situation: https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/03/a-glitch-is-breaking-all-firefox-extensions/

1 Like

Hello guys!

I’ve posted the temporary fix that solved the extension problem for me on the link below.

I thoght it was best to make a separate post so people can find it easily.

If you feel comfortable, give it a try.

At least u can keep using it until a official fix is launched.

Good luck!

:woman_facepalming::man_facepalming::woman_facepalming::man_facepalming:

A user on reddit has found a quick and easy temporary solution for Firefox users:

A temporary workaround:

Navigate to about:debugging

Click the 'Load Temporary Add-on' button

Navigate to the .xpi file in your profile directory select it and click Open.

To find your profile directory and extensions:

Windows:
C:\Users\{your username}\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{profile id}.default\extensions

Linux:
~/.mozilla/firefox/{profile id}.default/extensions/

MacOS:
~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/Profiles/{profile id}.default/extensions

Or just download the extensions you want from https://addons.mozilla.org/:

Right click on the 'Add to Firefox' button

Choose 'Save Link As' from the menu

Save the .xpi file somewhere handy

Navigate to about:debugging

Click the 'Load Temporary Add-on' button

Navigate to the .xpi file you downloaded and open it

Restarting Firefox will remove any temporarily loaded extensions.

Did NOT work for me!

Simple fix for now
certificate expired as to date so get out of FF
now go to your computer’s clock and change the date for like
yesterday or day before
NOW you can go to add-ins and where shows not working click to find each and install

They now will work until computer gets back to tonight date

I did this on 2 desktops and FF add-0ns working again
even Bitwarden password add-on after reinstall all my passwords still existed and adblocker settings still the same

If/when they do a fix then change date/time of CPU again

2 Likes

I thought I was going crazy! Not only are all add-ons disabled due to API signature issue (Adblocker Plus was updated just days ago, yet FF says it’s not legit), but it’s telling me “Download failed. Please check your internet connection.” Of course I’m online, I got the add-ons site. Same issue as well with disallowing bc “file is corrupt.” At least it’s good to know I’m not just inept at using a browser! LOL

I just found it easier to install Nightly, set xpinstall.signatures.required to false and use the Profile Manager to use my usual profile. As a bonus, so far Nightly seem to be a bit snappier on Linux. YMMV, though.

Just reading this and strangely I doesn’t seem to have any problems with my addons. I have 20 installed in in my ff66 and 15 in ff67devedition…

I too have the same problem, but luckily for me, or not, most of my hair fell out a few years ago. If you rip a lot of your hairs out, please consider sending them to me - what colour are they ?

3 Likes

This is a most vexing issue, I hope the devs fix it soon.