Uploaded data not updating map

I have been collecting cell data with Tower Collector for a while.

Recently, I tried to check on the map if my measurements were appearing in areas that had none.

Turns out that 2 months after I uploaded the samples, they don’t seem to show up at all on the map.

Does that mean that my measurements never reach the database?

@jonesv thanks for reaching out!

Turns out that 2 months after I uploaded the samples, they don’t seem to show up at all on the map.

Does that mean that my measurements never reach the database?

It looks like the map generation process is broken. The overlays with the samples are generated once a day, and the server no longer has enough disk space to hold the tile set. I think I have a fix that should deploy in September.

The fix is deployed, and the tile overlay update ran successfully last night. Can you check for your data again?

1 Like

Yes, at least one dataset is there! I’ll make more tests to see if that keeps on working.

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

The map is not always updated. Last week on May 29, the entire cycling tour was not drawn. And a few days later, another cycle tour was drawn correctly. It is not the first time that something is not drawn. I can’t isolate the problem. I use two phones because of multiple SIM cards. One is with MozStumbler and the other is for the Tower Collector program. So there are two different programs that upload to MLS. Using MozStumbler as the sole upload source isn’t always successful either. Possible workaround: Upload MozStumbler data the same day and upload Tower Collector data the next day. If one day fails, the next day can succeed.