Useful Thunderbird Links

Putting this here for folks just getting started with Thunderbird. Here are my most useful Thunderbird links that help me contribute every day.

Useful Thunderbird Links:

Thunderbird Build and Code Documentation - Tutorials on how to build Thunderbird from source, and how to create an extension. Also includes API and protocol documentation.

Thunderbird Blog - Thunderbird project blog, you can even add it as an RSS feed in Thunderbird itself (so meta)!

Connect - where ideas can be posted and voted. Also a gathering place for general discussion.

Thunderbird Website - You can download the stable and beta builds on the website.

Thunderbird Daily Build on Mozilla FTP - This is where you can go to grab the daily experimental development builds. If you head up a directory you can get other Thunderbird builds.

Thunderbird Support Website - You can ask support questions here, find information on how to use Thunderbird and troubleshoot problems. Itā€™s a great resource if you are getting started or having issues with the application and need help.

Create a Thunderbird Bug - This link drops you straight into the Thunderbird product on Mozillaā€™s Bugzilla. Here you can choose what part of the application you are having an issue with and report a bug.

Thundernest GitHub Page - Where the repository for the Thunderbird website lives.

Note: updated 2024-01-27

10 Likes

What a fantastic resource! The new website is already looking snazzy too.

1 Like

Can you pin this? I didnā€™t see it until just now. :slight_smile:

And now Iā€™m confused, thereā€™s the ā€œPINNED MAR 19ā€ note, but the topic doesnā€™t show a pin next to it in the topic listā€¦

1 Like

@jerrac Iā€™m not sure why itā€™s not showing up as pinned any longer, I re-pinned.

An upside down pin shows for me. But the topic is listed underneath a new post I just madeā€¦

It shows at the top of mine, but Iā€™ve seen the behavior you are talking about before @jerrac

I see this behaviour also in the UK category. I think it might have to do with our access rights and/or with a signed in account. If you read it, the pin ā€˜unpinsā€™. If youā€™re not signed in, it stays pinned.

Specifically that last option in: preferences >> interface

Screenshot%20from%202018-05-05%2010-12-25

With that default though, any pinned posts will have been marked as ā€˜readā€™, and therefor unpinned. To pin them back youā€™d need to do so MANUALLY via the bottom of thread:

Screenshot%20from%202018-05-05%2010-18-50

1 Like

You can also untick the automatically unpin topics when I reach the bottom preference to prevent this behaviour happening for you in future.

1 Like

Perfect! I am looking forward to contributing to this community. Greetings!

1 Like