Recently I’ve build a very simple addon that will open links in the Thunderbird tabs (instead of the browser).
And the more I use it, the more I realize that I can finish most of my emails without leaving my Thunderbird. I’m now logged in many websites like Github and I can reply and close issues directly from Thunderbird.
So I’m wondering, why is Thunderbird not aiming to become a web-browser?
It can already do most of the things a web browser should.
And there is only few things I miss:
- back / forward navigation with mouse Back / forward buttons
- opening links in the web-sites with middle mouse button on new tab
- Firefox Sync. integration so that I could import my passwords and to allow sending links to other devices
- Firefox containers would be also nice to have
- some adblocker - but I’m sure one of the existing would be easy to port
What do you think?