Hello Common Voice Community,
This week we have a few updates and opportunities to share with you!
Community Question: New Language Workflow
For the last two weeks, we have hosted sessions at the contribute-a-thon’s on the New Language Workflow.
I would like to extend the conversation to discourse. Please feel free to share your thoughts on the New Langauge Workflow topic.
Common Voice Platform Release Notes
- Updates to personal dataset takeout function that should prevent takeouts with large amounts of files (25k+) from stalling
- Fixes sorting on various language dropdowns that alphabetizes by language name, instead of machine code - Shoutout to Christian fo their support
- Wikipedia scrapes featuring updates since the last one - Shoutout to Micheal for their support
Common Voice Langauge Reps
Next week we have the first languages reps session. We will be discussing:
- How could we nuance Sentence Collection requirement for language needs on Common Voice?
- Voting on Common Voice Community Proposals for Mozfest 2022
Funding and Awards Available
Low bandwidth Contributions to Common Voice supporting ideas that can support Low & No Connectivity Solutions onto Common Voice. Successful applications can receive up to $5000
Mozilla Technology Fund (MTF) supports open source technologists whose work furthers promising approaches to solving pressing internet health issues.
Lacuna Fund Lacuna Fund’s fifth funding process focused on #language datasets in sub-Saharan Africa
All the best,