What are your contributor goals for 2017?

Hi

Whether you are set annual goals as part of your job or just wanted to set some resolutions, this is the time of the year when we tend to sit down and think about what we want to achieve over the next twelve months.

What do you want to do with Mozilla in 2017? What do you want to learn, achieve and contribute to?

I have been thinking about this for some time and have come up with the following list for myself:

• Try my best to maintain a top 25 position on the SUMO Support Forum.
    SUMO is not a competition, but this is a target that will help me to maintain my level of contribution.

• Learn more so that I can better support users. I want to be able to look at any question and be able to answer it.

Or

• Possibly see what I can do to help on the Social Support side of SUMO
    A variable target to be reassessed at mid year

• To learn Crash Reporter to a reasonable level.
    This will help me to help users

• To take part in a SUMO event (meeting or SUMO day) using Vidyo.
    It does not work by default in Ubuntu, and it would be good if I could make it work (and publish the solution to help other Mozillians. For myself, it will give me face to face contact with fellow Mozillians, something I do not expect to have until I (hopefully) go to MozFest towards the end of the year.

• To be a local volunteer at MozFest.
    So much of my focus tends to be MoCo (which is great!), but it is nice to appreciate the MoFo side of things. On paper, so much about MozFest does not make sense, or should make sense, but it strangely does and I am so glad it is that way.

• Take part in discussions to build the UK community.
    What do we wan it to be? Let’s keep the conversation going!

• To continue to promote Nightly within the Mozilla community.
    I managed to convince a couple of people to move last year, but we need to move many more. If you are reading this, please switch to Nightly.

I think that is enough(!). Hopefully I will stay a bit more on track with them this year, but still have scope to help people, learn more and enjoy being a Mozillian.

What are your goals for 2017? What do you want to achieve, do and be part of?

3 Likes