Why the keyboard shortcuts differ in each language?

I normally use shortcuts while validating, but I notice that English and Spanish have different shortcuts. This is confusing, is there a way around this, a setting or something?

Accesskeys are usually localized to make sense to the local audience.

“Y” is not intuitive for a Spanish speaker for “Sí” with is the label on the button. From my point of view it makes sense to use “S” in this case. Can you explain a bit more about what’s confusing?

I undertood that, but it’s confusing if you have to validate in more than one language, I’m not used yet.

I’d say that localization should only control the UI. You should be able to have English UI settings and still record and verify Spanish sentences (or any other combination). In this case it looks like there is only one switch to control both or did I just miss it?

From the stats page I can select sentence language, and it would be nice if I could start recording or validation in that language from those icons. It may not be the obvious way to go though.

My other suggestion would be to add some generic shortcuts to complement the localized ones. “Enter” to play and pause, “left” for yes, “right” for no. “Esc” to skip. Or if those keys are reserved, maybe 1,2,3,4 would work.

I haven’t seen any change request for the first part in github.

@JAGulin Good suggestions, I think SPACE for playback and j, k, l for backward, play/pause and forward as in video editor programs, the validation should be more similar to recording, you have a batch of 5 clips and you can validate or re-avaluate a clip and record again if necessary, sometimes you mistype a key or you weren’t so certain about a clip, this way you could verify more carefully, then you would submit this batch of clips. @nukeador

I assume that localizing the shotcuts is a user experience decision.

@mbranson any thoughts on this one? :slight_smile: