Years ago, Firefox WAS my favourite browser. No longer

I tend to feel the same way. Although I do not mind the actual Firefox browser, most of the extensions that worked well in the older version do not work in Quantum, and the fact is, if I hadn’t needed those, they wouldn’t have been installed.

Newer plugins do not do the job I need them to do, and I don’t like the way most of them work (actually from my point of view they don’t work right - when I right click something, I want it to translate the page without loading some other box, just translate the dang page on my screen, and haven’t found one that does that. I might just well tab up Google translate’s page in a new tab as install a plugin that does it awkwardly).

And yeah, I do know Firefox isn’t Chrome but the functionality I want in plugins is not smooth, and seems very awkward now as compared to the older Firefox.

Wish I’d never installed the updates. I don’t want a developer version either. Is an old version still available anywhere?

Unfortunately I am rather stuck with it since Chrome will no longer work on my computer either.

Sometimes progress is a great thing, but not always. It would have been better if the legacy extensions could have been made to work or an update made to make them compatible.

Sounds like a complaint I guess but really, I just want to be able to download a pre “lose everything” version if I can to replace Quantum so I can go back to using my old plugins.

It’s not a complaint, it’s a valid sentiment that we ALL share. So, did FF mess up? So bad, that within a year or two, bye-bye FF. Chrome will be used extensively, and Palemoon for us who preferred Firefox before the switch.

1 Like

Strongly agree with everything that had been said here… Its time to uninstall Firefox and move to something else being it Chrome/Opera/Vivaldi, or whatever else…

1 Like

Who am I to complain about Firefox if I am getting it for free? How does Firefox make money? Does Firefox make more zero dollars if I use it more or less? I am unable to log into all the mail programs such as Gmail, GMX etc. while I use Firefox. Other browsers do not give me this problem. You would say “clear cookies” but that does not help and also I do not want to clear cookies as that means reentering all the usernames and passwords again and again just because Firefox is a screwed up software. So I use it less and less, or none at allm especially that the only browser that prints documents for me is Vivaldi. Firefox does not print the docs, it only crashes. But since Firefox costs me no money I just use another browser. Or did I pay for Firefox when I purcahsed my desktop? (I am not a fan of mobiles)

If you have issues with your Firefox, please check Mozilla Support documentation and forums where we will be happy to help you.

Thanks!

4 posts were split to a new topic: Firefox Mixed Content

This discussion has more than 2 years now and content might be highly outdated. If you have any comments please feel free to open a new topic in this same category #mozillians

Thanks!

1 Like