About the Accessibility category

This category is all about Firefox’s support for people with disabilities, temporary or permanent, and its support for assistive technologies such as screen readers.

Have a problem using Firefox with a screen reader or magnifier? Find that you cannot reach something with the keyboard? Are you unable to see something in the Firefox user interface? Finding that Firefox is putting up some other kind of barrier that prevents you from using the internet? Please let us know in this category!

This category is specifically about Firefox’s (desktop and mobile) support for people with varying kinds of disabilities such as blindness, low vision, motor impairments and the support we provide in the browser, or through assistive technology support to third parties.

1 Like

I’m a Software Tester of a React UI Component library in Storybook. I use a Mac to test our library in desktop browsers. I use the VoiceOver Utility to check that a screen reader correctly identifies the attributes of our components for users with accessibility issues. In Firefox, with VoiceOver on the user can’t access the iFrame area of the Canvas where the components are rendered in the stories. It simply doesn’t recognise it as being an accessible area. This means I can’t use this to test if a screen reader can identify the attributes of our components correctly for users choosing to use the Firefox browser but, more importantly, it means any of our users with accessibility issues actually using VoiceOver in Firefox can’t access our components to use them to build their websites.