Adding a MDN cookie for language preferences

I beg you. I will accept it all, just add a cookie so we don’t have to switch from reading MDN in our native language but in english instead. All programming languages are in english, so why even an idea to detect that I’m in other country and switch to that country’s language? If you are boosting your page ratings (which is unnecessary as you are top already) I will gladly do a daily auto-clicker routine to click some button 100 times until it lets me through for the whole day. It’s better than having to change the language every single time. It’s so annoying and UX is bad. C’mon, you are the MDN, I know how to fix this so you must know even better.

Can’t wait. Thank you.

Hi @Martin_Chorzewski and welcome to the community :wave:

I also prefer reading MDN in English rather than my native language. In my Firefox there is a cookie set for the preferred language which changes when I choose a language at the bottom of the pages:

Only when you click on a link in a search engine that has an explicit language path like https://developer.mozilla.org/de/docs/Web/JavaScript/Reference/Global_Objects/String/substr it won’t switch to the English version.
But when I type “!mdn substr” into the DuckDuckGo search I will always land directly on the English MDN search results.

I hope that helps!
Michael

2 Likes