Andre Natal Voice-AddOn Question

I’ve heard there are problems with dependencies when adding the voice-addon, but I think I have worked through the dependency updates. However, I have 2 questions…

1. Does the voice-addon work independently of the smart assistant or must we activate the smart assistant before adding the voice-addon?
  2. Can the voice-addon work with any microphone device (like Snowball), or just Re-Speaker? I’m asking because my logs show this error “ERROR: python2: can’t open file ‘script_recording.py’: [Errno 2] No such file or directory”.
  1. It works independently of the smart assistant.
  2. Any microphone should work. The “script_recording.py” script comes from one of the Snips dependencies, so it’s possible that those dependency updates are maybe not quite worked out.

CC: @kgiori @andrenatal

@andrenatal just back from vacation today so the plan is for him to work with Snips on independent package installation rather than trying to have the add-on install everything. Still tbd how to allow independent voice controller functions to interface with Smart Assistant UI. I think that seeing them in the Smart Assistant (tagged by each voice i/f method if more than one controller associated?) would be super helpful, so that you can see what voice commands/queries triggered a response via the webthing API, and the result of that response.

@mistertwisterwx You might want to try the new ‘Voco’ add-on, which brings Snips voice control to the WebThings Gateway.