Bookmarks intelligence in Firefox
- In my humble opinion, who has been using firefox for exactly 6 years, Firefox is the best browser in the world. The only thing I miss in Firefox is a feature I call “bookmarks intelligence”. I have exactly 6000 links.
- I know that there are very good options on the market like Raindrop or Pocket that work as bookmark managers. But going back to what I said at the beginning, I really like firefox and I don’t see much point in using some cloud service to manage my favorites, if I myself use the pc environment a lot. Also, I like to be in control of my data.
- The resource “bookmarks intelligence” would be to make the firefox browser smarter. To define this concept I will leave a list of items:
- It would be nice if Firefox generates bookmark tags automatically
- It would be really cool to associate bookmarks with a color system, it gets to a level, as is my case, that you have so many bookmarks that you get lost to find what you’re looking for. A color system can be used as a search filter. Which makes it easier to find certain bookmarks with specific color types
- Bookmarks could be divided into types, this information can be generated automatically, for example, if I access a video, usually this link should be of type video.
my initial vision
Note: I would like to know the opinion of everyone here in the Mozilla community. I would like a feedback if this is interesting, if the idea is good. As you can see, the bookmark is separated by the color system that I mentioned, the collection, the type of bookmark and we still have the bookmark folder and also auto-generated tags that I had mentioned as well. This gives greater control and efficiency - Out of 6000 bookmarks, I can only select by color or color and collection bookmark | color and tag | color and collection | collection and tag | collection and type bookmark | type bookmark and color | color, collection, tag and typebookmark - can I still filter by most recent / filter by least recent