Call for Contributions: new add-on for bookmark management

Hi,

I wrote a new WebExtension for bookmark management.

With the Bookmarks Organizer, it’s easy to put order in your bookmarks. The Bookmarks Organizer finds no longer working bookmarks, redirects, duplicates and more!

The Bookmarks Organizer is a WebExtension and also compatible with Firefox 57 and later.

Features

Finds no longer working bookmarks
Finds duplicate bookmarks
Finds bookmarks without name
Broken bookmarks can be edited or deleted
Detects redirects and offers the automatic correction of individual or all redirects

Shortcuts

The interface can also be accessed via the keyboard. For this purpose the combination Ctrl + Shift + L (macOS: Cmd + Shift + L) is reserved.

It is also possible to start individual tests directly via the address bar:

bookmarks organizer: opens the interface
bookmarks duplicates: search for duplicates
bookmarks empty-names: search for bookmarks without name
bookmarks errors: search for broken bookmarks
bookmarks redirects: search for redirects

Planned features

There are already some features planned for the future.

Whitelist: create exceptions for bookmarks, which will no longer be objected to during further checks
Features for bookmark folders, including empty folders
& more…

Languages

The extension is currently available in the following languages:

English
German
Dutch (Thanks, Tonnes!)
Czech (Thanks, MekliCZ!)
Polish (Thanks, WaldiPL!)
Upper Sorbian (Thanks, milupo!)
Lower Sorbian (Thanks, milupo!)

It’s not yet reviewed (still on position 478 in the queue) but in the meantime the add-on could be improved. :wink:

AMO page:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/bookmarks-organizer/

You can find the code repository here:

If someone wants to contribute (new features, bugfixes, translations or typo fixes) please send a pull request. Maybe we can make the add-on better before it will be available for the masses. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Niiice! I will try it out soon :smiley:

1 Like

I was a user of your addon New Tab Override. If you did not have time to convert it to a WebExtension, you can my New tab to about:home WebExtension. Not as fancy as your New Tab Override but it gets the job done :smiley:

1 Like

:smiley: There will be an update for New Tab Override after the release of Firefox 54. :wink:

1 Like

I might switch back then since I do not want to maintain my own addon :smiley:

what does edit redirect do? I suggest explaining why the line is invalid, because it sure works for me. And what are you changing it to? I don’t want my bookmarks changed!

You can click the link and see what happens. If you don’t want to try there are screenshots on addons.mozilla.org. There you can see that an edit overlay is implemented where you can change the title or the URL of a bookmark.