Browser Toolbox' Style Editor randomly changes text while typing

Sorry, I did not see that message, but it is good to know that it is already in plans to be debugged from the official version. I haven’t used the Firefox Nightly, but there shouldn’t be much of a difference. Thanks for the reply!

I am experiencing the same.

Hi @alexander1

This bug was fixed in Firefox 86, which is currently on Beta or DevEdition channels. You can either try one of those to see if it’s fixed for you, or wait for the regular release of Firefox 86 which will be on February 23rd.

Thanks

1 Like

I am still seeing this in Firefox 87.

Hi @rob.kent ! Thanks for the report.

The initial discussion here was about the Style Editor, while your GIF shows the “Rules” panel of the inspector.

Can you explain the steps to reproduce the issue? Tell us if this happens all the time, randomly, rarely etc…

Thanks!

Sorry. I just tried it again and it is not doing it. But it definitely did. If I see it again I will try and identify what triggers it.

No worries, thanks for the update.
In case your stylesheet was loaded via “@import” we had a lot of issues with this recently. We just fixed those in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1699648.

If this was the case for you then it’s possible the issue only occurred when you edited the stylesheet in your IDE.

Let us know if you find anything!

Great and useful information, thanks!