Can't download self-published add-on

I’ve uploaded the first alpha version of my self-distributed Add-on for signing, but I can’t figure out how to download the signed file.

I am, in fact, logged in:

It “succeeded” at all the “tests” it was given, yet I can’t find the place to download the signed XPI.

Where should I navigate to for this?

Thanks.

Hi @ishygddt_xyz, you should be getting an email with a link to the download URL for your extension.

In the meantime, go ahead and click on the name of your extension. On the next page, you should see a link on the left side bar for “Upload new version | View all.” Click view all and that should tale you to the page where you can download the signed .xpi file.

@caitlin Thanks for the suggestion!

The link in my e-mail, as well as the UI elements you directed me to, both yield the following page:

Within this page, I do not, however, see the blue Download button which I believe should be there:

Oh interesting – I need to look into the Download button issue closer.

On the “All versions” page, right click the name of the current version (Version 0.0.1) to save the file.

1 Like

er– that doesn’t quite work; I get an HTML file that way.

HOWEVER, it did lead me to discover the solution: clicking through on the version name yields a link to a downloadable copy of the file!

Awesome! :tada: Sorry for the bad directions – but I’m glad you found the correct solution!

The outstanding issue here is that this didn’t appear to be documented anywhere.

I need to look into the Download button issue closer.

I challenge the site admins to a race to the top of Google for “amo download self-published add-on”? This thread vs official documentation :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Did you ever get the email from AMO after your extension was signed?

Did you ever get the email from AMO after your extension was signed?

Yes, I did—

The link in my e-mail, as well as the UI elements you directed me to, both yield the following page…

That was partly why I was so confused: the UI seemed to me as if I were awaiting a signing, but I arrived at it from an email notifying me it had been signed.