As the next Council elections are coming up in a few weeks, the Module Owner and Peers get ready to assure a well prepared election. In the past we’ve always done a Questions&Answers with all nominees with pre-defined questions. This allows other Reps to get to know the candidates better and build an opinion on who to vote for.
We would like to hear your feedback about these questions, as we’ve been using them for quite some time now.
- Do you think they are still up to date?
- Do you think they should be improved, if so, how?
- Are there better or missing questions to ask the candidates that help to form a better opinion?
Previously used questions
(Example can be found here)
- What are the top three issues that you would want the Council to address were you to join the Council?
- What is in your view the Mozilla Reps program’s biggest strength and weakness?
- Identify something that is currently not working well in the Mozilla Reps program and which you think could be easy to fix?
- What past achievement as a Rep or Mentor are you most proud of?
- What are the specific qualities and skills that you have that you think will help you be an effective Council member?
- As a Rep, what do you do to try to encourage inactive mozillians to be active again?
- (obsolete?) Which of the three priority projects do you consider the most important? Please motivate your answer.
- (obsolete?) Which of the two big roles (specific skills based on the 3 priority projects) do you consider to describe you best? Please motivate your answer.
We are happy to hear all kind of feedback, these questions are not set in stone and we can easily change them for the next election. Please spread this around to other Reps as well, we need a broad coverage here.
Please respond with your feedback until March 18th so we can keep the timeline for the election.
On behalf of the Module Owner and the Reps Peers